With almost 1000 staff, we work in over 40 countries worldwide to create fair and sustainable supply chains. Inspired by 50 years of solidarity with under-resourced producer communities, we enable farmers, miners and workers to earn a decent income, shape their own future, and produce in balance with nature.
Partnering with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. The ambition of Solidaridad in Europe is to be the preferred partner to work with on sustainable supply chains through market-oriented solutions. To fulfill this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a ‘Head of Corporate Engagement and Partnerships’ to join our Corporate Engagement & Partnership team in Europe.
This position is part of the Management Team of Solidaridad Europe and reports to the Managing Director.
You are an innovator, you are enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, you have a large network and connect with others easily. You take initiative, you are solution focussed and a fast thinker.
You are a leader, hold an exemplary role towards colleagues, and you enable team members to reach their full potential and perform.
As a member of the MT you excel in working collegially on shared organizational objectives, processes and culture.
The successful candidate has
- Master’s degree;
- 10 years experience in developing and managing Corporate Partnerships, in a complex and international arena;
- Clear affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad, and knowledge of recent developments in the area of inclusive, sustainable supply chains, sustainable economic development and responsible business conduct;
- A clear vision on how Corporate Partners can contribute to Solidaridad’s mission;
- Minimum five years experience with heading up a team of (senior) professionals;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Is able to inspire and motivate both the organization, including the team, as well as external stakeholders;
- Is able to set clear goals and priorities for the team to contribute to the organization’s strategic direction; follows up on these; and monitors and reports on progress;
- Fluent in English;
- Available 36 hours;
- A work permit or is otherwise entitled to work in the Netherlands
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting 1 July or as soon as possible after this date;
- You will join the team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 3919 and EUR 6547, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale grade 12 or 13 depending on profile and experience);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with national and international travel required.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: Head of CEP team” in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 22 May 2022.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews, the first-round interviews will take place online, the second-round interview will be face to face.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon the date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.