Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
The aim of Solidaridad’s Communications and Campaigning team in Europe is to ensure a strong brand which makes Solidaridad a credible organization to engage with. To fulfil this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Communications & Campaigning Advisor. You will co-develop and implement a successful European communications strategy, together with a team of 6 professionals.
AS COMMUNICATIONS & CAMPAIGNING ADVISOR, YOU WILL:
- contribute to improving the brand awareness of Solidaridad
- create and execute communication plans, fundraising plans, campaigns, and events
- see to it that communication activities are executed as planned, scheduled and budgeted
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication and campaigns
- contribute to the common understanding and acceptance of vision, mission and strategy of the organization
- write newsletters, articles and social media posts in both Dutch and English
- occasionally maintain contact with the media, in close cooperation with other colleagues in the communications and campaigning team
- closely work together with colleagues from other regional offices and from the Solidaridad Network
- report to the Head of Communications & Campaigning of Solidaridad Europe
- enthusiastic and entrepreneurial
- result-oriented and a good planner
- pro-active and creative
- culturally sensitive
- a teamplayer, used to working together with internal and external stakeholders
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as Communications or Marketing
- At least 5 years of experience in communications and/or fundraising, in a complex and international arena
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Experienced in giving guidance to external agencies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to translate sustainability issues into accessible, appealing messages
- Able to perform under pressure, used to deadlines
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad, and basic knowledge of recent developments in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable economic development
- Actively following developments and trends in the field of communications, campaigning and sustainability
- A unique and challenging job within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- A one year contract, salary based on BBRA 10 (salary framework for Dutch public officials), depending on education and experience, 32 hours/week
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Communications & Campaigning Advisor" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 11 December 2018. The first round of interviews will take place on 19 and 20 December.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Karin Jensma, Head of Communications & Campaigning (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad in Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications, knowledge management and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development. For more information, please refer to www.solidaridad.nl or www.solidaridadnetwork.org.