Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across various commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all.
Engaging with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. The ambition of Solidaridad in Europe is to be the preferred partner to work with on sustainable supply chains through market-oriented solutions. To fulfil this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Corporate Partnership Manager to join our Corporate Engagement & Partnership team in Europe. You will help to strengthen the capacity of the team to develop and implement a successful European strategy, in particular in the Cocoa sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
As Corporate Partnership Manager, you will:
- Strengthen and deepen the relationship with existing partners and build strong new partnerships with corporations, in particular in the Cocoa sector.
- Foster close relationships with corporate accounts, influencing the sustainability agenda and creating programmes together.
- Develop high-quality proposals for corporate partners.
- Secure corporate funding for Solidaridad’s programme activities worldwide.
- Ensure timely, appropriate and proactive reporting about joint programmes.
- Report to the Head of Corporate Engagement and Partnerships of Solidaridad in Europe.
You like to combine corporate partnership development with hands-on relationship and contract management. The Corporate Partnership Manager is enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, has good networking skills and is able to connect with others easily. You take initiative and are a fast thinker. You will work in close cooperation with your colleagues at Solidaridad to deliver results which contribute to our network mission and strategy.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Marketing, (development) Economics, Business Administration, or another closely related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in relationship and programme management.
- International work experience in the supply chain of Cocoa and/or Chocolate.
- Proven success in corporate engagement, fundraising and business development: knowing where market opportunities are, acting on them, creating opportunities, building partnerships and managing accounts.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable economic development.
- Intercultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills, able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Very good networking skills, proactive and enterprising.
- Excellent command of English required, some Dutch or German preferred.
- A unique and challenging job within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- Salary based on BBRA 11, depending on education and experience, 36 hours/week
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with international travel (especially within Europe)
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state "Application: Corporate Partnership Manager" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 5 February.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Minke Stadler, Manager People & Operations (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply. No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad in Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.