Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across several commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad aims to maintain high quality on all fronts, which is particularly important in the area of people management. To fulfil this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our team in Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for organizing, executing and supervising the HR Cycle for European staff at Solidaridad. A result-oriented and agile way of working is hereby key. The role requires good knowledge of HR, strong consultancy skills and a hands-on approach. The HR Advisor counsels and supports the Management Team Europe and staff with regard to employee benefits, recruitment and onboarding, working conditions, absenteeism and reintegration, talent and performance management, sick leave and employee relations.
As Human Resources Advisor, you will:
- Act as a single point of contact for managers and staff in HR-relevant issues
- Implement the HR Policy in close cooperation with the Management Team and proactively support the delivery of HR processes
- Ensure that the HR policy of Solidaridad is and remains future-proof by identifying gaps, developing improvement plans and implementing operational HR work processes
- Proactively advise managers on initiating and implementing the best solutions related to talent management, HR-relevant issues, available HR tools and systems
- Act as a driver of performance improvement and promote positive changes in people management
- Fulfil your role as part of the European team located in Utrecht and report to the Manager Operations of Solidaridad in Europe
You enjoy working with people and taking a realistic and practical approach. You like to combine consulting colleagues about HR processes with practical hands-on reporting.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Human Resource Management
- At least 5 years of work experience
- Solid knowledge of HRM, labour legislation and regulations
- Experience in implementing Human Resource cycles and advising management teams and staff
- Experienced in result-oriented and Agile way of working
- Proactive with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Excellent command of English and Dutch required
- A unique and challenging job within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- Salary based on BBRA 10-11, depending on education and experience, 24-28 hours/week
- End-of-year bonus, 25 holiday days per year (based on 36 hours/week), excellent pension scheme
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state "Application: Human Resources Advisor" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 1 March 2018.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com, or by phone to Francisca Hubeek, Manager Operations (+31 (0)30 272 03 13). A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply. No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad in Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.