We are looking for an
MEDIOR POLICY INFLUENCING ADVISOR - EUROPE
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We work with all actors in the supply chain, from farmers to multinationals, to ensure the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
The Solidaridad Policy Influencing Team collaborates with (policy makers within) governments, multilateral agencies, companies, industry organizations, the financial sector, and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to set the agenda, influence policies and propose solutions. The Policy Influencing Advisor develops clear Solidaridad positioning on (evidence-based) solutions in supply chains, reaches out actively to stakeholders to influence public and private sector policies in Europe, and positions Solidaridad as a thought leader in its field. We are looking for a colleague to strengthen our Policy Influencing team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Influence policies towards a more enabling policy environment for inclusive and sustainable economic development. You will support Senior Solidaridad Policy Influencing colleagues with their activities and play a facilitating role in one of our leading global palm oil & climate programmes. You will support in communicating Solidaridad’s position externally and contribute to building our visibility amongst policy makers. You will work closely with the Policy Influencing team and other colleagues to jointly strengthen and expand our existing stakeholder network (companies, CSOs, politicians, policy makers, media etc.).
- You have a minimum of 4 years relevant working experience, preferably within a government agency, a larger corporate organisation or NGO;
- You have strong analytical and influencing skills, are service oriented, proactive, enjoy working with others in a dynamic environment, and understand and meet stakeholder needs;
- You have a relevant higher degree education, preferably in the field of environmental / human rights law, climate change/environmental science, agro-food economic/business or development studies;
- You have demonstrated working experience with climate change, landscapes and commodity value chains;
- Experience with public communication, policy influencing and advocacy is a plus;
- You have a strong and intrinsic motivation to contribute directly to the SDGs;
- You have excellent command of the English language and preferably Dutch or another European language.
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting as soon as possible;
- You will join the Policy Influencing team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals in Europe and across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 2683,91 and EUR 4313,89, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale BBRA Grade 10);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state "Application: Medior Policy Influencing Advisor" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 20th of October 2019.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Karen Werkman, HR, (+31 (0)30 272 03 13)
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews that will also include practical assignments. Travel costs will be reimbursed. Depending on the location of shortlisted candidates, the first-round interviews might take place through Skype.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum one year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications, knowledge management and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.