Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight Regional Expertise Centres (RECs) located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce, and all we consume can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities / sectors.
Solidaridad Europe’s role in the network is to build Solidaridad’s profile and impact in Europe, focussing on the five core activities, namely 1. Donor Relations/Fundraising, 2. Corporate engagement, 3. Policy influencing, 4. Communications & Campaigning and 5. Knowledge Management & Learning. Solidaridad Europe has accelerated its engagement in a range of European countries in recent years, and now seeks to build its presence in Sweden by working through a liaison post on a consultancy basis. This person will primarily contribute to the core activity focussing on Donor relations/Fundraising from ODA funding sources.
Under this assignment a liaison post will be appointed to ensure we have ‘boots on the ground’ in Sweden, achieving the following objectives
- Following and sharing relevant (political) developments,
- Gather intelligence on and identify concrete funding leads/opportunities under Swedish ODA programming.
- Represent Solidaridad in relevant events, fora and meetings
- Work with the REC Europe’s donor relations team and with Solidaridad global colleagues in scaling up our global engagement with Sida, Swedish embassies and other relevant entities managing ODA funds
The initial assignment will be for an average of 2 days per week, covering September/October (exact start date depending on availability of consultant) until December 2019. Decisions on whether to extend the assignment into 2020, and if so whether to increase the number of working days, will depend on three criteria
- Initial opportunities for Solidaridad as identified by the consultant
- Performance of the consultant
- Availability of budget
The consultant is expected to have the following demonstrable background
- Understanding of and experience with ODA funding in Sweden (priorities, processes, key players, etc)
- Relevant network in Sweden (Sida and otherwise)
- Fluent Swedish and English language skills
- Understanding of and experience with supply chains, agriculture, climate and other relevant fields to Solidaridad
- Direct working experience in an NGO
- Understanding of and experience with decentralised network organisations
Application and information
Applications can be submitted by 31 August 2019 to Ronald Visser, REC Europe Head of Donor Relations (email@example.com)
. He can also be contacted by email or phone (+31 30 2720313) in case of questions about the assignment.
Applications should comprise
- Motivation letter (1 page max)
- Brief outline how the consultant proposes to go about the assignment in 2019 (approach / key steps) (2 pages max)
- CV (2 pages max)
- Budget, including all expenses, inclusive of VAT