- West African farmers are trapped in a vicious cycle of depleting soils, deforestation, emissions and livelihood decline.
- Rural youths do not see a future in farming partly due to low returns and the perceived unprofessionalism associated with the activity; hence end up in even more precarious jobs in cities.
- To reverse this trend, Solidaridad trains youth and works on an enabling environment to enthuse youth on climate-smart farming and agribusiness development.
- In this way, youth employment in farming is assured, incidence of migration reduced, investments in agri-commodities increase and the sustainability and future of agribusiness is assured.
- The commodities produced are sought after as markets are demanding climate-smart quality produce. At the same time, adaptation and mitigation benefits are co-created.
Click here to download Solidaridad's presentation
Click here to download Abibiman Foundation's presentation
Click here to view photos