Solidaridad thrives to develop deforestation-free commodities that are relevant and sustainable at field level, are enhanced by national regulations, and are demanded by the market. With the support of Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI), Solidaridad has worked in Brazil, Colombia and Peru to produce more with less, delivering results at farm level whilst reducing environmental impact. At market level, we have been working with buyers to source deforestation-free volumes whilst investing in this innovative model. We are supporting the private sector to deliver their existing free-deforestation commitments, focusing on 3 markets: US, Europe and China. The Assignment and experience requiredSolidaridad is looking for a consultant or team of consultants based in Peru, Colombia or Brazil to run a project evaluation of one of our flagship projects in South America that aims to reduce commodity driven deforestation. The consultant or team of consultants should have the following experience:
- Proven experience conducting international project evaluations (essential).
- Strong skills in qualitative research and evaluation.
- Good understanding regarding international development issues or international value chains dynamics.
- Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish (essential).
- Ability to communicate with different audiences including local communities, businesses and donors.
- Based in Peru, Colombia or Brazil. If based in Colombia or Peru, with willingness to travel to the neighbouring country if the regulations allow.
To apply for this opportunity email Alejandra Carvajal (email@example.com) with CV(s), an economic proposal, and an example of evaluation previously written in English by Sunday, 27th June 2021. If previous evaluation is confidential, it can be replaced by an abstract, or cover letter focusing on the scope and complexity of previous works.