Solidaridad the Netherlands was established in 1969. For many years, we worked at building sustainable supply chains worldwide from our office in Utrecht. In 2008 an organizational change was initiated: Solidaridad started to build up a global network with 9 regional expertise centres (RECs).
The aim of the Solidaridad network is to shift the centre of gravity of our organization to the South. Projects are no longer coordinated from the Netherlands. Policymaking is jointly done by the 9 RECs. The implementation of that policy is better underpinned by the knowledge and experience of the local REC teams.
Solidaridad the Netherlands focuses on market linkage in the North, development of certification standards, fundraising and campaigning to raise awareness for a sustainable global economy. It has a fundraising- and campaigning-website focussing on a Dutch targetgroup.
VacanciesIf we have vacancies you will find these in our jobs section.
REC The Netherlands works on sustainable supply chains in close collaboration with Solidaridad's worldwide network of expertise centres and local partners. Together we deliver the following services:
- Supporting companies to implement corporate social responsibility (CSR) related to sourcing in developing countries.
- Developing sustainable business concepts in order to broaden the marketplace for sustainable products from developing countries.
- Supporting sustainable business initiatives with marketing and communication to inform business partners and consumers.
- Developing certification standards for sustainable production and fair trade (such as Fair Trade and UTZ CERTIFIED).
- Seeking dialogue with stakeholders and the public using our knowledge, experience and views on sustainable economic development and corporate social responsibility.