Our worldwide network of expertise centres closely collaborates with local partners. Together we deliver the following services.
Services to producers
- Training farmers in farming techniques that have less negative impact on people and the environment and lead to better products and higher yields.
- Supporting producer organizations through capacity building and organizational strengthening.
- Assisting producer organizations to get access to means of production, finance and markets.
- Supporting agricultural producer organizations and industrial producer companies to qualify for social and environmental certification standards.
Services to companies
- Support companies to implement corporate social responsibility (CSR) and source sustainably in developing countries.
- Develop sustainable business concepts in order to broaden the marketplace for sustainable products from developing countries.
- Support the marketing of sustainable products and communication about CSR to better inform consumers and business partners.
- Developing certification initiatives for sustainable production and fair trade (such as Fair Trade and Utz Certified).
- Supporting civil society organizations that empower women, farmers or employees, as well as organizations that protect nature and the environment.
- Seeking dialogue with stakeholders and the public using our network, knowledge, experience and views on sustainable economic development and corporate social responsibility.