Solidaridad is an international network organization, working in over 40 countries with eight regional offices on five continents. We work with businesses from the market throughout the whole supply chain to make sustainability the norm and enable businesses, farmers and workers to earn a decent income, produce in balance with nature, and shape their future. We have significant experience working on buyer-led programs to support small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and value chains through a combination of business development services and matching grants to support business and value chain growth and transformation.
This position will be an operations coach that will support MSMEs in their production operations and/or manufacturing practice, certifications and standards, procurement of inputs, production planning, supplier negotiations, costing, and pricing.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Location: South America
City location: Paramaribo
2 years (with possible 1-year extension)
- At least a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, production management, operations management, or a related field;
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a manufacturing company or similar private sector operations experience;
- Highly analytical, capable of identifying problems and developing solutions to identify market needs;
- Understanding the challenges of MSME operations and experience working with small companies;
- Understanding of food processing technologies would be a plus;
- Understanding of ‘green’ production technologies would be a plus;
- Based in Suriname, knowledge of the Surinamese economy and culture is essential. Must be fluent in Dutch and Sranan Tongo.
Interested candidates who comply with the following terms of reference are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted.