Solidaridad North America is looking for a Climate Innovation and Green Growth Specialist to join a lean team of committed professionals that is growing Solidaridad’s presence in North America and driving support to global programs tackling the biggest challenges all along the supply chain. The Climate and Green Growth specialist will apply their technical expertise to develop innovative climate solutions in global supply chains, that will attract climate, donor, and corporate funding, and accelerate sector wide impact.
The Specialist will be an analytical and creative thinker, with a strong professional network, and a proven track record in delivering high-impact solutions based on technical soundness, creative collaboration, and successful fundraising. From developing winning propositions at the intersection of themes such as climate, deforestation, migration, and inclusion, to strategizing around payment for impact solutions, to providing technical advice on ongoing and new climate innovations globally, this role calls for creative thinking and cross-cultural collaboration.
The ideal candidate has a results-oriented work attitude, is a self-starter, requires minimal supervision, and enjoys working as part of a team. Preference for candidates with experience working in cross-cultural settings. The Climate and Green Growth specialist will report to the Managing Director, working closely with the North America team and collaborating with global teams as appropriate.
Minimal travel, domestic and possibly some international, is anticipated.
Location: Based in the United States; possibly a remote work opportunity. East Coast preferable, other locations can be considered.
What’s in it for you:
Bringing together the strengths of a global solutions-driven network organization with the energy of an innovative start up, Solidaridad North America offers a competitive salary and benefits package with a flexible, remote, and supportive work environment that values the contributions and well being of every team member.
This role offers numerous opportunities for growth, innovation and collaboration with talented teams in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe, who are creating immediate impact in the lives of thousands of smallholder producers globally – communities living and working on the frontlines of climate change.
What we expect:
Work in close collaboration with Solidaridad North America’s Head of Corporate Engagement and Head of Programs and Partnerships to:
- Lead on the development of innovative climate solutions aligned with Solidaridad’s Multi-Annual Strategic Plan
- Lead and advise on the development of concepts/proposals for North American Climate Funds, Donors, and Corporations
- Play the role of lead technical coordinator and advisor in anticipated multi-country, multi-commodity USAID project focused on preventing commodity-driven deforestation in the Amazon, involving a 4-member consortium
- Actively promote Solidaridad’s Climate Innovation and Green Growth agenda externally with a focus on the donor/corporate/climate finance community in North America
- Build off of existing networks and create new networks of partners and funders to advance Solidaridad’s Climate Innovation and Green Growth agenda
- Contribute to an innovation agenda on the roll-out of Solidaridad’s climate solutions within the Solidaridad network
- Together with the Head of Corporate Engagement and Head of Programs and Partnerships, support the management of global and North American climate finance accounts
- Build intelligence and advise Solidaridad colleagues across the organization’s eight regional offices about global climate donors and funds based in North America
- Remain abreast of Solidaridad network developments, existing programs as well as relevant resource needs within the network
- Contribute to wider REC North America and global Solidaridad deliverables focused on climate innovation and green growth.
What your background is likely to include:
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of climate finance donors, mechanisms, application processes, and priorities
- Expertise in agricultural supply chains, natural resource management, climate innovation, green growth, and related areas
- Established track record in developing winning propositions and securing funding from climate and green growth funders
- Established track record in leading and managing teams for project implementation and fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to gather information, analyze and synthesize content, and write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive content for grant proposals and other communication materials
- Ability to cross-pollinate ideas and concepts across different thematic areas related to climate innovation, green growth, and supply chain sustainability
- Meticulousness and high attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills
- Experience working internationally and collaborating in a multicultural setting
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- 10+ years of practical and thought leadership on climate innovation and solutions
- Demonstrable and direct experience in developing winning proposals to climate funds and donors
- Demonstrable and direct experience in managing multi-organizational teams and projects focused on climate innovation; US Government project experience desirable
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality written materials, based on sound, interdisciplinary research across themes such as agriculture, international development, environment, and sustainability issues
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Native speaker fluency in English required (fluency in Spanish is highly desirable).
- Experience working in the North American context, along with exposure to global work cultures
- Experience working/living overseas is highly desirable.
If you think you’re a good fit and are ready for the challenge, please email salary expectations, resume and cover letter to Libby Daghlian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Climate Innovation and Green Growth Specialist in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Open until filled.