The ideal individual will be a self-starter, able to work without daily supervision. The research manager will be part of a lean team, reporting directly to the Managing Director. They will work closely with the North America team and engage with global teams as appropriate.
Minimal travel, domestic and possibly some international, is anticipated.
Location: Based in the United States; possibly a remote work opportunity.
- Conduct full scope of research to identify relevant fundraising opportunities.
- Contribute to writing assignments of a variety of topics for proposals, concept papers, fact sheets, and more.
- Support the development of internal and external communications through research and in collaboration with the North America team.
- Work with Solidaridad’s global teams to gather information and lessons to present to North American entities.
- Track global agriculture, business, and environmental news and share timely updates with team.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelors degree required (Masters degree preferred)
- Research and writing experience in agriculture, international development, environment and sustainability issues preferred.
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality written materials, based on sound, interdisciplinary research.
- Minimum of four years combined work experience.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Experience working in the North American context, along with exposure to global work cultures
- Experience working/living overseas is highly desirable.
- Native speaker fluency in English required.
- Native speaker fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.