Gain a deeper understanding of ASM gold
Our series of free interactive webinars and informative videos aims to separate fact from fiction, demystifying the myths surrounding the risks, ethics and opportunities of artisanal and small-scale (ASM) gold mining.
Digging for the truth about ASM gold
There are 25 million people around the world working as artisanal and small-scale gold miners, and their work accounts for about 15% of the global supply (Metals Focus 2019).
This represents a trade value of roughly 25 billion dollars and the investment potential is huge.
Yet, the sector suffers from a dubious reputation among micro-credit financiers, impact investors and the private sector worldwide. Why? And how can we be part of creating fairer, safer and healthier livelihoods for millions of gold miners?
Hear from the experts
In discussion with experts, you can gain a deeper understanding of a wide range of issues relevant to you, no matter where you find yourself along the value chain: gold refiner, trader, jewellery brand, electronic brand, impact investor or donor. Kirsten Hund (World Bank), Carla Neefs (Solidaridad) and David Sturmes (The Impact Facility) will kick the webinar series off on 22 April.
We invite you to join the whole series of webinars to gain a comprehensive overview of the most pressing issues facing the artisanal and small-scale gold supply chain today, or just dip in and out for the subjects most relevant to your interests.
Designed and facilitated by Solidaridad and The Impact Facility.
Artisanal and small-scale gold mining: Fact vs Fiction
Date & time: 22 April, 16:00 CEST
- Kirsten Hund, World Bank
- Carla Neefs, Solidaridad
- David Sturmes, The Impact Facility
Dates and speakers will follow soon!
- How it works: The essential mechanics of artisanal and small-scale gold mining
- How can artisanal and small-scale gold mining benefit national economies?
- Mercury matters 1: Dangers and solutions
- Mercury matters 2: How soon can we eradicate mercury in artisanal and small-scale gold processing?
- The Golden Line: Gender and gold mining
- From mine to market: Digging deep into the gold value chain
- Responsible gold: Raising the standards in artisanal and small-scale gold mining
- Access to finance for artisanal and small-scale gold miners: Difficulties and solutions
- Investing in artisanal and small-scale gold mining: Removing the high risk factor