Start: February 2024, 4-6 months, 32/36 hrs/week, based in Utrecht
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization working on fostering solutions for sustainable production practices across various supply chains. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, thus ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximize benefit for all. Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of seven Regional Expertise Centers (RECs) located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Latin America,, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus.
We are looking for an intern to support the work of the Corporate Engagement and Partnerships team. Your role will include carrying out the following tasks in particular:
- Performing desk research at the request of an with the guidance from one of our team members (as the need may arise);
- Maintaining our information and customer relationship management systems;
- Supporting preparation of pitches and proposals;
- Developing external communications materials (presentations, brochures, etc.);
- Other tasks as agreed with your supervisor.
You are inspired by the job and responsibilities as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Commitment to sustainability, with an interest in learning about corporate social responsibility;
- Currently studying towards a Master’s degree in Business, Economics, International Affairs,
- International Development, or another relevant field at a Dutch HBO/University;
- Ability to work independently (with guidance from your team and/or team supervisor);
- Willingness to learn “on the job” in a supporting role;
- Service-oriented and a team player;
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures;
- Excellent command of English is required, knowledge of another European language is an asset;
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system would be an asset;
- Allowed to work in the Netherlands
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting;
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn;
- Flexibility in combining the internships with study requirements;
- The chance to contribute to a more sustainable world;
- Travel costs reimbursed;
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands;
- A 4-6 months internship starting 1 February 2024.
In Solidaridad, diversity, equity and inclusion are key to our collective mission, vision and values.
We aim for Solidaridad Europe to be an inclusive place where all people feel heard, seen, and valued for their diverse identities, experiences, perspectives and skills.
We are therefore committed to ensuring a safe and healthy working environment by treating everyone with dignity and respect, enabling and empowering us to be ourselves and achieve our full potential as individuals and our collective mission as an organization.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, stating “Application: Intern CEP” in the subject header. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly when you are able to start.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A VOG (certificate of good conduct) or equivalent may be part of the selection procedure.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We enable farmers and workers to earn a living income, shape their own future, and produce in balance with nature by working throughout the whole supply chain to make sustainability the norm. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of seven regional expertise centers located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Latin America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities, in over 40 countries.
In Europe, Solidaridad focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers to contribute to sustainable economic development.