The international secretariat of Solidaridad Network is looking for a Financial Controller for our Finance and Control team in order to maintain high quality in a growing and dynamic organization.
The Financial Controller is responsible for all day- to day- financial matters within the international secretariat, from recording transactions to translating them into useful management information and running the annual financial audit.
You will report to the Head of Finance on all financial matters.
Solidaridad is an organization where entrepreneurship is encouraged, which means that for this position pragmatism, flexibility and an independent attitude are necessary. You will be challenged to search for the best solutions whilst guarding our ethical values as well as acting within the legal/reporting requirements.
The Finance and Control team of the international secretariat currently consists of the Head of Finance and the Financial Architect who is responsible for the continuous improvement of the financial accounting system that we use worldwide. The Finance and Control team of the international secretariat also coordinates the quality, policies, and principles of the seven regional F&C teams and assures reliable and meaningful information on the global level.
In this position, you will:
- Guard the Planning & Control cycle of the international secretariat.
- Meet audit requirements, both for the organizational audit and if needed for project audits.
- Report financial management information to the Head of Finance on the basis of our financial management dashboard.
- Assure reliable administrative and financial policies and business processes.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our financial management & accounting system.
The Financial Controller is an organized person who likes to be directly and hands-on involved with all financial processes of the international secretariat. Builds strong (working) relations with colleagues and external stakeholders easily and is pleasant to work with.
The successful candidate has:
- Relevant financial/administrative education.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a financial position.
- Knowledge of the Dutch reporting standards, preferably of RJ640.
- Knowledge of relevant (financial) applications and software systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within teams.
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written).
- Adequate Dutch language skills (oral and written).
- Is culturally sensitive and has the ability to handle issues with diplomacy.
- Affinity with Solidaridad’s mission and vision; and
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands.
- We offer you a unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting 1 November 2023 or earlier if possible.
- You have the option to work partly remotely and partly at the office in Utrecht.
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours per week with the outlook to a permanent contract.
- A gross salary between EUR 3045,91 and EUR 4848,81, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale 10).
- An additional holiday allowance will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment.
- An end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned.
- Participation in a non-contributory pension plan.
We aim for the International Secretariat to be an inclusive place where all people feel heard, seen and valued for their diverse identities, experiences, perspectives and skills.
We are therefore committed to ensuring a safe and healthy working environment by treating everyone with dignity and respect, enabling and empowering us to be ourselves and achieve our full potential as individuals and our collective mission as an organization.
Do you recognize yourself in this job profile? Then please submit your motivation letter and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: Financial Controller” in the subject header.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com.
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews, tentatively scheduled for week 38 (round 1) and week 39 (round 2). The first-round interviews will take place online.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed, all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.