Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across various commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Partnering with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. The ambition of Solidaridad in Europe is to be the preferred partner to work with on sustainable supply chains through market-oriented solutions. To fulfill this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Corporate Partnership Manager to join our Corporate Engagement & Partnership team in Europe, with a primary focus on palm oil.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROFILE
As Corporate Partnership Manager, you will:
- Strengthen and deepen the relationship with existing partners and build strong new partnerships, with a focus on palm oil;
- Identify, analyze and target new European corporate partners in the palm oil value chain;
- Co-create programmes and secure funding, including through public-private partnerships, with corporate partners;
- Manage a range of projects, including monitoring progress on KPIs and budget and reporting, as well as managing partnerships under the project;
- Function as the palm oil resource person within the Corporate Engagement and Partnership team
- Influence the corporate sustainability agenda and advise companies on sustainable sourcing
- Represent Solidaridad and present our work to external audiences;
- Be an active member and closely collaborate with our network-wide palm oil community of practise.
You enjoy combining corporate partnership development with hands-on relationship and project management. A Corporate Partnership Manager is enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, has good networking skills and is able to connect with others easily. You take initiative, you are solution focussed and you are a fast thinker. You will work in close cooperation with your colleagues at Solidaridad to deliver results which contribute to our mission and strategy.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- At least three to five years of relevant work experience in relationship and programme management;
- Work experience and a demonstrated network in the palm oil sector;
- Proven success in building corporate partnerships and business development;
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable economic development;
- Intercultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Very good networking skills, proactive and entrepreneurial attitude;
- A working permit for the Netherlands;
- Excellent command of English required. Other European languages (Dutch, French, Spanish and/or German) are considered an asset, but not a prerequisite.
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting as soon as possible;
- You will join the Corporate Engagement team in Utrecht and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 2957 and EUR 4707 based on 36 hours/week (salary scale grade 10);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state “Application: Corporate Partnerships Manager – Palm” in the subject header.
The closing date for this vacancy is 6 September 2022.
However, we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible as we will already interview suitable candidates on a rolling basis before the closing date.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Ronald Visser, Head of Corporate Engagement and Partnerships, (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews, the first-round interviews will take place digitally. We seek to ensure second-round interviews take place in person.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.